Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Emily’s love Part 1.

I just started talking to my daughter last night. Wait, you don’t, see I, I have been talking to her for years. But it wasn’t until yesterday that we communicated with some understanding. I don’t want to make it an age thing but we communicated like adults for the first time. It was beautiful and filled my heart with warmth I haven’t felt for a long time. We laid side by side on the backyard grass and stared up at the starry night sky and talked about, well just about everything.

When I awoke I still felt that warmth and I cried. I cried with all my heart. You see Emily may have just turned sixteen and is so smart. I am very proud but she’s been dead for sixteen years, she was a miscarriage. She’s long dead and she may be the only one of them I have ever loved but she wasn’t the first ghost I have known. The first one, that was Nick. Let’s call it my ability, some call it a blessing or a curse; really it’s something in between.

I may not of loved Nick but he was a friend, a true one. So if you want the story let’s start there.


Copyright S Williams 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment